In conjunction with Dave's 2010 Bum Tour, The Time is Now Tour seeks participant hosts to become part of a documented "trail of accomplishments." Invite Dave to visit, and then it's time to take action! As you--and possibly your spouse, significant other, family member, or friend--set about your undertaking, I'll join along as either an observer or participant. All experiences will be captured in writing and collected for future publication. Some experiences will be captured in pictures and/or video, also for possible publication.

You've got something you've been wanting to do or try, right? Maybe it's something grand like bungee jumping, sky diving, or white water rafting. Maybe it's something a little less extreme like visiting a museum or hiking a trail. It's even possible that you've just been wanting to try out a new (or new-to-you) restaurant or cook a new dish at home. However grand the idea, Dave is saying the time is now!

If you would like to be a part of this fantastic trail of accomplishments, just contact me and include your idea and the location.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Dave's "The Time is Now" Tour will not be providing any funding toward your endeavor, but Dave will pay his own way as a participant wherever applicable. Hosting expectations are outlined in Dave's 2010 Bum Tour "note" on Facebook, or contact Dave directly for details.

Following the Tour

As dates and locations are added to the tour, they will be posted to this calendar. Blog posts will periodically chronicle tour stops and adventures. Go to August 2010 to see the current schedule.

Tour Schedule

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tour Map: 9/1/2010

Today is September 1, 2010. I turned 37 today. I also completed 20 consecutive days of travel, ending a full travel month totaling more than 5800 miles. I'm back home in Elyria, OH, where my parents' house is undergoing serious renovations.

I will soon finish the blog posts for the trip, including Schenectady, Oneonta, Clarion, and Columbiana. However, in the upcoming days before the weekend, my priorities will be job applications and progress toward graduation (paperwork if nothing else). At some point, other writing projects will develop from this trip, but all in due time.
Over 5800 miles in 31 days
The travel, the journeys, and the stories are not over. Whether by car or by plane, and whether a quick visit or extended tour, I will make my way to the west coast as promised (Alameda and Seattle, if not others). I just am not sure of a timeline. I also intend to keep the "time is now" project alive beyond this 2010 tour; more information forthcoming.

For the moment, I wish everyone well and extend another "thank you" to all of my hosts along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dave! I read "Alameda" and actually said "Hells yeah!" aloud.

    I can't wait til you get your butt back out the west coast! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete